Wednesday 31 October 2007

No.4.....The Yellow Block







Block 4 has taken its inspiration from long lazy summer afternoons, with the smell of newly baked scones, homemade jam.....has to be red........with cream & a fresh pot of tea. Have I died & gone to heaven ? Will I share with some friends ?......um....depends on the number of scones........& possibly, which friends.
Our scones have been served in a wicker basket with a checked teatowel to keep them warm.
The tea is served in two favorite cups & the teapot is gorgeous. I want one.
I have used yellow cottons to back the hexagons to continue the feel of summer days. The checks & stripes remind me of tablecloths & linen tea towels. The roses & other blooms are the beautiful summer gardens & have been used for the centres as well as the backing & binding.
The instructions & diagrams are plentiful through the patterns & there is an email address on
each pattern so if you do need any extra advice........please ask

No comments: